We pride ourselves on providing the best service we can to clients and part of our commitment to this is to be assessed to the International Standard of ISO 22222 for Personal Financial Planning each year. Many financial planners will not have this level of certification, but we believe it helps us be as transparent as possible with our clients and increases the level of trust our clients can have in our service. We are one of only a small handful of financial planners in the UK that have achieved this prestigious award.
ISO 22222 is an internationally agreed benchmark that assesses and awards financial planners who can demonstrate that they have the knowledge, skills, experience and ethical values to deliver a first-class service to their clients.
Our clients’ needs are at the heart of our business and this is why we are committed to this annual independent certification process.
So, what does the ISO 22222 standard actually mean?
It means we get independently tested each year on the following:
- Having an established Personal Financial Process
- Establishing and defining the client and personal financial planner relationship
- Gathering the correct information
- Providing the correct written terms of engagement and being clear about important information
- Making sure we research and understand client goals and expectations
- Protecting the confidentiality of client information.
- Analysing and evaluating the client’s financial status and presenting in a clear and reasonable manner, an evaluation to the client that identifies areas of strengths and vulnerability, comparing them against the client’s goals, plans, restrictions and assessment of financial risk tolerance.
- Developing and presenting the financial plan so that reports are clearly written and include all of the areas required
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations using appropriate documentation and ensuring that each recommendation has evidence that matches the necessary requirements.
- Monitoring the financial plan with clients, offering regular points of review and feedback.
- Following a code of ethics and applying due care and diligence
- Always prioritising the client’s interests and delivering understandable, effective and constructive communications
- Demonstrating ongoing development of knowledge and competence of Advisers
We hope that this helps our clients to be confident that they are getting the best service we can provide. Our latest assessment in February 2017 summarised our dedication to always putting our clients first, stating that “continual improvement and a client centric focus within the firm remains evident”.
If you want to work with advisers who put you first and who you can trust to provide the best services they can for you, then give one of our team a call on 0333 456 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.